Swami Dhyan Giten
SWAMI DHYAN GITEN, spiritual teacher and author, has more than 30 years of experience in individual counselling and in teaching awareness and meditation. He is trained in both modern psychology and in classic Eastern methods for awareness and meditation in USA, Italy, Sweden and India. He received further education in advanced spiritual psychotherapy at Institute for Spiritual counselling and Training in USA and Academy of Meditation in Italy.
Giten experienced his first satori, his first glimpse of spiritual awakening, when he was 9 years old. This created a deep thirst and longing in his heart and being to return to this natural and effortless experience of being one with the Whole.
Swami Dhyan Giten has dedicated his life to teach the art of awareness and meditation. He conducts individual consultations, Satsang - A Meeting in Love, Truth and Silence, Satsang Intensives and retreats worldwide. His quotes, articles and books have touched the hearts of thousands and are appearing with increasing frequency in magazines, blogs and websites.
Since he began to meditate when he was 15 years old, he has dedicated his life to the study and exploration of the inner journey in order to move out of his own way, to be in a flow, and to discover the authentic inner being, the meditative quality within, the inner silence and emptiness, the capacity to surrender to life. He does not belong to any spiritual group or tradition; he is only interested to explore what it means to live with open eyes.
Giten's first professional passion when he was 15 years old was to become an actor. After training as an actor, he worked as an actor until he was 23 years old. Working as actor taught him a lot about life and to emphatically understand the situation and life of other people, since acting is really a spiritual occupation. It taught him about spirituality, since working as an actor means to play a role totally, while at the same time as you know deep down that you are not the role you are playing. After working as an actor for a number of years, Giten began to understand that his early passion for theatre was really an unconscious search for a spiritual discipline. When he realized this, he began to feel a thirst to work with people in a more direct way in awareness and meditation.
In 1982, when Giten was 23 years old, he was directed by the Divine presence in a trance session with the American trance chancellor Lin David Martin: "You have listened to your intuition, to your true inner voice, more than most. You have been searching for the contact with the Spirit for a long time and now it is beginning to manifest on the outer plane. You have been gifted many times in previous embodiments and now everything will come rather easy for you. I want you to put your energy into the lives of others, because you can".
He is author of the best-selling book in Swedish "Meditationens Sång - Om meditation, relationer och kreativitet" (Solrosens forlag, 2001, available from Internet book store Adlibris: www.adlibris.com), "The Silent Whisperings of the Heart - An Introduction to Giten's Approach to Life" (2008, available in paperback at Internet book store www.lulu.com, "Presence - Working from Within. The Psychology of Being" (2011, available in paperback at Internet book store www.lulu.com), "Meditation – A Yes to Life", "Healing Is Pure Love", "Presence – The Inner Source of Love, Truth and Wholeness" (available as free eBooks at www.obooko.com), "The Language of Silence – From Darkness to Light" (available in paperback at www.lulu.com). Giten's first book in Swedish describes how the three life areas, Meditation, Relationships and Creativity, create a loving, creative and satisfying life when they are developed and function in harmony. The book was selected book of the month by the book club Life Energy, one of the largest book clubs in Sweden.
Swami Dhyan Giten has been accepted as Goodreads author on the international book site Goodreads with 9 million users together with best-selling spiritual author Paulo Coelho, # 1 New York Best-selling author Alyson Noel and award winning author Margaret Atwood (http://www.goodreads.com/SwamiDhyanGiten).
Recommendations, quotes and discussions of Giten's articles and books and its content are also beginning to appear with increasing frequency in magazines and on sites ranging from The Times of India, the largest daily English newspaper in the World, USA Today, the largest daily newspaper in the US, the US news site Newsblaze, Edge Life Magazine, a leading source for psychology, education and world transformation in the US, and Sentient Times Magazine to the large Internet communities MySpace.com, a large Internet community for young people, Wasteland, the American online magazine Alternative Approaches, Motivateus.com, MSN.com, Yahoo.com, newsletters of American High tech companies to small discussion forums and blogs focused on spirituality, health, art and literature. Visit Giten's World - A School for the Heart. 350 Pages of Medicine for the Soul: www.giten.net
Giten's blog with the latest information: http://swamidhyangiten.wordpress.com
"Since I began to study for Giten, a new dimension of awareness has developed step by step, which has transformed my whole life." - Emanuel Sjogren, musician and student to Giten since 5 years
Read "Song of Meditation" - An inner-view with Swami Dhyan Giten on The Times of India: http://www.speakingtree.in/spiritual-blogs/seekers/mysticism/song-of-meditation-an-innerview-with-swami-dhyan-giten-196881
COMMENTS ABOUT GITEN AND HIS WORK
Thank you for sharing your great spirit with the world."
- Marlene Blaszczyk, Publisher, Media specialist and CEO of Encouragement
"Since I began to study for Giten, a new dimension of awareness has developed step by step, which has transformed my whole life."
- Emanuel Sjogren, musician and student to Giten since 5 years
"Satsang with Giten is a taste of the eternal."
- Rolf Soderberg, participant in Satsang - A Meeting in Love, Truth and Silence with Giten, Stockholm
"Swami Dhyan Giten is a special teacher with 30 years of experience in the spiritual field. I have come to know about Giten from his books and I am getting his E-mail newsletter for a long time. His books and writings are powerful, and can transform a lot of people. I request you all to read his books and share his page in social media to share truth. I guarantee that his writings are great, and I am very happy to get an interview with swami."
- Sony Mervin is a visualiser, who lives in the foothills of the Himalayas in India. His non-profit organisation Satori is famous for arranging Satsang, retreats and publications with domestic and international spiritual teachers in Tiruvannamalai and Rishikesh in India. He is currently writing the book "The Big Book of Living Gurus: Satsang with 108 Spiritual Teachers from Around the World" in which Giten is interviewed.
“I am impressed by Giten’s intuition and by his way of conducting therapeutic work - or if I rather should call this: giving insights into love.”
- Berth Henriksson, teacher and participant in a course with Giten, Sodertalje, Sweden
“Thanks for being there in this world now with your writings from the heart.”
- Inge Birgit Pescatello, Germany
"I realize what a journey I have done in this life. Thank you again for everything, and I mean everything that you share, Giten"
- Marie Soederberg, psychotherapist, participant in Giten's individual training programme for therapists and healers Presence - Working from Within
“Reading Giten’s book "Song of Meditation" was a profound experience for me.”
- Lisbet Gemzell, professor, The Swedish Teacher’s Academy and The Swedish Actor’s Academy, about Giten’s best-selling book in Swedish "Meditationens Sång"
“This book changed my whole perspective of life.”
- Ann-Sofie Segerstedt, Stockholm, Sweden
“Giten is a loving transmitter of much wisdom.”
- Lena Nikunen, therapist, Gothenburg, Sweden
“Giten is a really beautiful soul”
- Swami Anand Arun, Osho Tapoban Meditation Center, Nepal
“I value Giten’s work and know how much good he spreads to many people.”
- Lena Kristina Tuulse, psychologist, pioneer in humanistic psychology and founder of Waxthuset, one of the oldest and largest places for personal growth in Sweden
“Giten writes in a poetic language. “When I read Giten, I am reminded of Kahlil Gibran. Yes, I would like to compare Giten to Kahlil Gibran.”
- Gordon Banta, author of "Magic of Meditation", USA
"Giten's book "Presence – Working from Within. The Psychology of Being" is more than a book about presence, but a manual in the art of unlocking the Soul’s Presence within the Personality. It is a valuable friend and guide to therapists and whosoever else realizes the importance and truth about humanity’s need to align with its individual and collective inner journey.”
- Eric Rolf, American lecturer and course leader, former consultant to John Lennon and author of the book Soul Medicine about Giten’s book "Presence – Working from Within. The Psychology of Being"
“I have been impressed with Giten’s writings from the first time I encountered them. In keeping our hearts with all diligence, Giten helps us address the issues of our lives, fluently and eloquently speaking the language of the heart.”
- Larry Chang, author of "Wisdom for the Soul: Five Millennia of Prescriptions for Spiritual Healing", Washington, USA
“An unusually rich and balanced guidance in the art of living”
- The Swedish Library Service about Giten’s first best-selling book in Swedish "Song of Meditation – About Meditation, Relationships and Spiritual Creativity"
”A totally wonderful book. This is a book for life, which I will read many times.”
- Monica Samuelsson, Linkoping, Sweden, about Giten’s first book in Swedish "Song of Meditation – About Meditation, Relationships and Spiritual Creativity"
"Giten, so long ago we first met through email, and I have followed your work since then. What a wonderful spirit you are, bright, light and so full of love. Our paths crossed for a reason – for me to learn to love more, for you to love another. Today I am sharing your excerpt from your book in the hopes that one person, somewhere at some time will read it and awaken to hear their heart say – love, not hate is what you and the world needs. God bless you Giten, and thank you for coming into my life. May we know each other forever.”
- Marlene Blaszczyk, Motivating Moments, editor and publisher
“Giten invites us to a celebration, a feast for the soul and delights us and inspires us with capsules of insight and conscious affirmation of the deliciousness of the divine.”
- From the foreword of Giten’s second book in English, "The Silent Whisperings of the Heart – An Introduction to Giten’s Approach to Life" by Eric Rolf, international lecturer, course leader, personal consultant to John Lennon, Yoko Ono, Paul Simon and Carlos Santana, author of "Soul Medicine"
"The Salt of the Earth"
- Lage Wedin, chancellor, Faculty of Psychology, The University of Stockholm, about Giten during his academic years at the psychologist programme
"Giten does not move an inch from who he is"
- A comment from one of Giten's class mates during his university studies at the psychologist programme at The University of Stockholm
”While I cannot express enough how grateful I am to receive your paintings, please know I sincerely appreciate your kindness and good thought. There are so many people in this world who are in keen need of your energies that, in keeping with The Kindness Chain, I ask you to consider sharing your good will with them in the future.”
- Oprah, The Oprah Winfrey Show, Chicago